SOMW competitions are open to all members of the Society: awards are by committee nomination only.
· The Roger Bacon Biography Award for Medical Students
· The Wilfred Hopkins Award is given annually for the best entry across all writing categories that year.
· Twice-yearly writing competitions in a variety of categories. The subjects, details and rules are here.
· The Richard Asher Prize for Medical Writing — e.g. for a research paper or a published article. Nominations are required for this prize — simply mention the name of the paper, by whom it was written and in which publication it appeared. Self-nomination is acceptable. Email details to our Secretary, who will pass them on for consideration.
· The Michael Lasserson award is given for the best article in ‘The Writer’ of the past calendar year.